Civil Rights Movement: "Black Power" Era
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Civil Rights Movement: "Black Power" EraTeacher Pass
Civil Rights Movement: "Black Power" Era Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Why did the spirit of the March on Washington prove so short lived?
- Was it just a coincidence that a more militant form of black activism emerged right after?
- Or did the march somehow contribute to the formation of "black power?"
- How significant was the September bombing in Birmingham?
- What would it have taken to prevent the emergence of this more militant movement?
- Was this possible?