Age of Great Inventions
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Great Inventions of the Gilded AgeTeacher Pass
Great Inventions of the Gilded Age Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
1. Big Picture
- What is your image of an inventor?
- A frumpy, frazzle-haired nerd working alone in his basement?
- Did Edison match this description?
- How was innovation systematized during this period?
- Why was innovation systematized during this period?
- Is progress marked by technological advance?
- In general, does technology improve our lives?
- Or does it create as many problems as it solves?
- Do Americans have an appropriate attitude toward technology?
- Are they too enamored with it?
- Are they too suspicious of it?