Midwinterblood Part 4, Chapter 12
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 4, Chapter 12
- That day, Bridget goes to check on Eric, but asks Merle to stay at home.
- Bridget finds him sitting in a chair in front of his painting, dead and with a paintbrush still in his hand.
- He must have died from grief. He'd given everything for that painting—he'd most certainly sacrificed. Who's outdated now, National Museum?
- Suddenly, Merle comes in the door. She's followed her mother and sees Eric.
- The two sit there for a moment trying to absorb what has happened. Finally, Merle points to the painting.
- The brush in Eric's hand is still wet. He's added one last detail to the painting: Next to the king about to die is a small figure, a girl holding out an apple.
- And her face is definitely Merle's.