- Their family goes through the rituals leading up to Christmas, all while living under the tyrannical rule of everything that's going unsaid.
- Links recital proves one thing: He certainly doesn't suffer from performance anxiety.
- The night of the recital also marks the return of the family dinner… a.k.a. family meeting.
- New rule: Link is sixteen, so he deserves increasing amounts of autonomy, but he also needs to comply with his parent's authority. Hence, he will have to see a shrink.
- When Link fights back about seeing the doctor, everyone starts swearing, and Ellen is convinced it's a sign of the end times.
- He finally agrees to see a shrink that he knows from Maths for Freaks—as long as he doesn't have to retake his exams.
- Things are still awkward regarding their love triangle. Link is now avoiding Ellen and James again, and she's not quite sure what to think about that.
- Instead of trying to get Link to see James, she tries a new tactic. James sees right through her, though, and insists that if he and Link wanted to see each other they would.