The One and Only Ivan Chapters 29-32
Advertisement - Guide continues below
change, guessing, jambo, lucky
- The animals are all very accomplished observers of humans
- They've put two and two hundred together and figured out that a new animal is on its way to the Big Top Mall.
- Stella tells Bob and Ivan she can hear a baby elephant crying for her mother. Ivan doesn't know whether to believe her or not, but he senses sadness in her and it looks like she must be right.
- Stella is the resident storyteller and sage, and Ivan is partial to a little drama, so he craves Stella's tales, especially the one about Jambo.
- Bob has never been to a zoo, so Stella explains that a zoo can be a good place where humans make amends.
- Stella tells the story of the boy at the zoo who fell over the railing and into the gorilla enclosure.
- Stella also shares that though she always tells the truth, sometimes she confuses the facts.
- Ivan and Stella tell Bob they are lucky they don't have to live in a zoo.