A Marriage Takes Place
- The innkeeper's wife washes Claire and gets her properly dressed for her wedding day.
- Jamie is dressed in full Highlander regalia, and he gives Claire his mother's pearls; he also finally reveals his full name to her:
- James Alexander Malcom Mackenzie Fraser. Of the clan John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt, we're sure.
- They wed, and Jamie slides a ring from his own finger onto Claire's finger… right next to the ring she wears which symbolizes her marriage to Frank.
- Then they tie the knot. Literally. Their wrists are cut with a dirk and bound together with linen to merge their blood. Ouch. Love hurts.
- Jamie recites the blood vow in Gaelic, and they are wed. Time to eat.