We Meet a Beggar
- Jamie and Claire go for another walk… this one is interrupted by an arrow which almost spears Claire's face. Ouch.
- It turns out to be a friendly signal from Jamie's friend Hugh Munro. Um, we'd prefer a text message.
- He, too, brings Jamie and Claire gifts: ale, a dead rabbit, and gory tales of all the ways he has been injured and deformed over the years.
- Most of the tales actually come from Jamie, though, because one of Hugh's deformities is that his tongue was cut out.
- When they return to the inn, Dougal is back.
- Claire and Jamie hole up in their room and, um, warm the place up a bit. Without needing a fire.
- Jamie asks Claire, "Does it ever stop, Claire? The wanting?" (17.158), and she says, "I don't know, Jamie. I really don't" (17.159).