- Here we are at Part 7 (Sanctuary): Claire enters Wentworth Prison pretending to be an English friend of the Fraser family.
- She asks Sir Fletcher Gordon if Jamie might be allowed to write a letter and if her groom (read: Murtagh) can come retrieve it.
- That plan works, and Claire comes back the next day, saying that her groom forgot to bring the present for Fletcher: some peach brandy.
- They let Claire in, and she sees that Murtagh has knocked out a man and stolen his keys.
- Claire uses them to enter the West wing. This is where they're holding Jamie.
- She ends up literally bumping into a young guard on the way. They're both caught off-guard, but Claire recovers her senses sooner… and kills the boy.
- She continues into the basement and finds Jamie; his hand has been busted beyond all human recognition.
- Claire tries to free his leg shackles by beating a key into the lock with a mallet. She inadvertently knocks Jamie over and he falls on his injured hand, passing out.
- While he's out, Randall comes in with a big ol' homunculus of a henchman, Marley.
- They splash water on Jamie, bringing him back to consciousness, and then Jamie manages to overpower Marley and beat him with a stool.
- Unfortunately, Randall presses a knife to Claire's throat while Jamie is occupied.
- Jamie strikes a bargain with him: Randall can have his body if he just lets Claire go.
- Randall agrees. Jamie tells Claire that he loves her and she reluctantly leaves, but not before she tells Randall that she is a witch and tells him the exact date on which he will die.
- She's unceremoniously shoved out the backdoor into a ditch full of dead dudes.
- To make matters worse, she's tracked by a mangy wolf, which attacks her, though she manages to kill it by breaking its neck on the side of the castle.
- Where there's one wolf, there are many, though, and soon the pack surrounds her… but a Scotsman with a bow and arrow saves her.