I Come to the Castle
- Claire arrives at Castle Leoch, and with the help of Mistress FitzGibbons, she better tends to Jamie's wounds.
- During the course of treatment, she discovers that his back is covered in scars. He reveals that Randall once flogged him while he was imprisoned at Fort William.
- He was accused of a crime he didn't commit (although, to be fair, he was getting away with a bunch of crimes that he was never accused of).
- Claire bandages him up well, then she has a moment to think.
- She realizes that she's been assaulted and kidnapped over the last twenty-four hours. She tries not to cry, even though she's afraid she'll never see her husband, Frank, again.
- Jamie comforts Claire and then leaves her alone in the bedroom to sleep.