- Jamie and Claire go back to their old routine, namely Jamie wanting to do whatever he wants (eating meat, going for walks even though he's still injured) and Claire trying to wrangle him.
- One day, Claire goes with Father Anselm to the warm mineral springs under the Abbey. They rest their feet and talk.
- Claire decides to confess that she's a time-traveler… and he believes her.
- They chat about fate and free will for a long time, before heading to the kitchens to eat.
- That night, Jamie and Claire make love and fall asleep in each other's arms.