- Pamela reports that John has left to return to the Bedfordshire house, but not before sneaking her a letter.
- Turns out, he's been showing Mr. B all of her letters (at his insistence). In fact, he was pretending to have business near her parents to encourage her to write and send more, apparently.
- Of course, now he feels like a real chump.
- He also writes that the master held back the last two or three letters that she attempted to send her parents prior to leaving Bedfordshire.
- Pamela is angry, of course, but also pities him. She hopes that his remorse might be advantageous to her in the future.