Oprah, Sally Jessy, Jerry, and Me
- Mom calls Melinda from work to check on her, which makes Melinda happy. She watches TV and imagines what it would be like if there was a talk show about her life.
- Some possible titles: "Why Seniors Should be Locked Up," and "My Summer Vacation: A Drunken Party, Lies and Rape" (76.2).
- Melinda isn't sure if she was actually raped.
- In her mind, Oprah says it was rape. Melinda said "no," and Andy put his hand over Melinda's mouth. Melinda's drunkenness doesn't have anything to do with it.
- Sally Jessy agrees. She wants to make sure Melinda knows "it was an 'attack'" (76.5). Melinda is not to blame for it in any way.
- Jerry agrees too, but wants Melinda to speak for herself.
- Melinda has a headache, a sore throat, and an acid stomach. She wishes she was in a coma.
- She wishes she could stop the voices in her head. She wonders if Andy raped her brain too, somehow.
- After taking some Tylenol and eating some pudding, Melinda falls asleep watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.