A Beautiful Mind Scenes 36-40
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Back in the ward, a nurse is issuing a "code red." Hmm, that can't be anything good.
- Yikes, we see that John has dug up his wrist looking for that implanted number. It's "gone." Fancy that.
- The doctors are strapping John into a bed, preparing him for electroshock therapy as Alicia and Dr. Rosen watch.
- Well, until Alicia can't anymore. And we can't blame her—it looks pretty unpleasant.
- We zoom forward to a year later, and Alicia is talking to Sol as they stroll the Princeton grounds with John and Alicia's baby.
- Apparently, John's delusions are gone, and they are trying to manage John's illness with medication. Well, that's some good news, right?
- Alicia brings Sol back to the house to see John. Apparently, John is working on something to wow his way back into academic life…but it's tough, with being on medication.
- Sol tries to convince John that there's more to life than work, but John isn't convinced.
- John holds his baby, looking zonked out, while the child screams. Alicia finally comes to comfort the child.
- Alicia and John talk in the kitchen later, and John mulls what to do with his time.
- Alicia suggests getting his booty out of the house and talking to other people.
- John goes out with the trash, and Alicia hears him talking to someone.
- She's clearly convinced it's a delusion, but it turns out to be real, and they have a giggle about it.