A Clockwork Orange Scene 18
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- A man and a woman who don't have names enter the dining room.
- The man says he is interested in Alex's case.
- Ms. No-Name asks Alex if he's been conditioned against music.
- He says he's only conditioned to Beethoven, and when he hears it, it makes him miserable.
- He says he feels that any second something terrible will happen to him, and then he passes out face first into the pasta.
- The man says, "Well done, Frank," and sends Julian to fetch the car.
- Alex wakes up in a bedroom and Beethoven is blaring, making Alex violently ill.
- Alex screams and stamps on the floor, yelling "Turn it off!"
- The writer and his friends sit downstairs, listening to Alex scream, and do nothing.
- Alex bangs his head against the floor, trying to shut out the sound of the music.
- He realizes he must kill himself.
- He forces open a window and dives out onto the paving stones below.