A Clockwork Orange Scene 20
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Dr. Taylor, a purple-haired psychiatrist, visits Alex in bed for a slideshow.
- Alex says he has been having a recurring dream: that doctors were messing with his brain while he was unconscious.
- Dr. Taylor says that's just a silly dream. "All part of the recovery process."
- She begins the slideshow, where Alex is to say what the other person in the cartoon would say.
- "You sold me a crummy watch. I want my money back," one cartoon says.
- "Stick it up your arse!" Alex laughs.
- The doctor seems satisfied by Alex's responses.
- One day, Alex has a special visitor.
- It's the Minister.
- He apologizes for the cure that went wrong.
- He says they never wished him harm, and they will continue looking after his treatment.
- He also says they "put away" the writer for wanting to do harm to Alex.
- They'll make sure Alex has a good job and good salary when he is healed.
- The Minster will appreciate Alex's help, because this whole incident has turned public opinion against the government.
- But Alex can change the public's opinion.
- Alex says the Minister can rely on him.
- Before the Minister leaves, he tells Alex he has arranged a little musical surprise for him.
- "An understanding between two friends."
- Giant speakers are rolled in playing Beethoven, and the press rushes in to photograph Alex shaking the Minister's hand.
- Alex isn't sick listening to music. In fact, he imagines himself having sex with a woman as people who are dressed as if they're at a wedding watch them.
- "I was cured all right," he says.
- The end.