- Inside the palace, the Sultan is playing with his toys when Jafar charges in to let him know that he's figured out a solution to Jasmine's little marriage problem.
- Oh, this ought to be good.
- Jafar reads from a scroll. It says that if Jasmine doesn't pick a husband by her birthday, then her father can pick for her. The Sultan isn't too jazzed about that idea.
- But there's more. If that option fails, then the princess must be marry the royal vizier. Who's that. Right: that's Jafar. How surprising.
- Hmm, that doesn't seem right. The Sultan specifically remembers the law saying that only a prince can marry a princess. Weird.
- Jafar doesn't have time for the Sultan's slow thinking, so he breaks out his hypnotic snake staff. He tells the Sultan that the Sultan will order Jasmine to marry him.
- Just then, the trance is broken when the Sultan hears the sounds of music outside the palace.
- What's that? Let's go see.