Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Bond enters the office, tosses his hat onto the rack, and flirts with Moneypenny. His typical office routine.
- He is summoned into M's office to be briefed on the situation in Jamaica.
- Their agent, Strangways, has disappeared.
- He was investigating a claim that someone is interfering with American rockets, and now he's gone.
- M asks if "toppling" means anything to Bond.
- In addition to Bond's towering stack of casino chips, it also means throwing a rocket's tracking system off balance, forcing it to hit the wrong target.
- Bond is booked to fly to Kingston to meet a CIA agent named Leiter for more information.
- M forces Bond to carry a new gun: a Walther PPK, which M says has more stopping power than Bond's standard Beretta.
- Then M says he'll have additional documents sent to Bond at the airport in a "self-destructor" bag. Wow, airplane security was a lot more relaxed in the '60s.