Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The scene changes; you see a close up of a photograph of Henry Frankenstein.
- That tells you you're in the home of his girlfriend, Elizabeth. She's visited by her buddy, Victor.
- Elizabeth has sent for Victor, and says she's heard from Henry for the first time in four months.
- She reads the letter from Henry, in which he says he is pursuing amazing discoveries and must hide out in case his discoveries are stolen from him.
- Elizabeth says he sounds loony, and he does. She's got good sense, that Elizabeth. (Except for the part where she keeps Henry, rather than dumping him for Victor.)
- Henry says he's living in an abandoned watchtower doing some experiments.
- Elizabeth says she's heard about these experiments before.
- When they got engaged, he told her about the experiments.
- Victor says he ran into Henry in the woods, and asked to see the laboratory. Henry was suspicious and generally behaved like a jerk.
- He doesn't seem like such a catch, this Henry guy.
- Victor says he'll go to Dr. Waldman, Henry's old teacher to see if he knows anything.
- Victor also tells Elizabeth he's in love with her. He's apparently said so before, but Elizabeth is pledged to her mad scientist. Poor Victor.
- Victor is about to leave, but Elizabeth runs after him and says she's coming.
- He seems horrified at the thought of her coming. Not really clear why. Maybe they just needed some drama there.
- Anyway, they head off together.