Advertisement - Guide continues below
- A reporter named Hagiwara arrives by helicopter to question the habitants of Odo Island about the mysterious events.
- Masaji tells him about a giant creature living in the ocean, and even though nobody believes him, he knows it's the truth.
- That night, the villagers perform a ritualistic dance to appease Godzilla.
- The village elder tells Hagiwara about how they used to send young girls out to sea if the fishing harvest was poor.
- Nothing like a sacrificial maiden to chill a sea monster's nerves.