Advertisement - Guide continues below
- That night, Bond has a hot date with M and a man named Colonel Smithers from the Bank of England. (No relation to Mr. Burns from the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant.)
- The men are talking about bullion, and we don't mean the little cubes you put in soup.
- Smithers says that Goldfinger is living up to his name by smuggling gold between countries.
- It's Bond's job to figure out how Goldfinger's getting gold out of the country.
- Bond wants bait, and Smithers has it—a giant chunk of gold worth five thousand pounds.
- That's a heavy bar.
- In the morning, Bond reports to Q branch for his gadgets.
- Q gives Bond a slick ride—an Aston Martin DB5.
- The car has bulletproof glass, a homing device, a radar, smokescreen, oil slicks, machine guns, and an ejector seat. Sounds like a fun ride.