The Hunger Games Scene 10
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Katniss wakes from the invasion of light from a foolish Tribute's nearby fire.
- A pack of Careers also takes notice of the light and the opportunity to separate another Darwin award winner from his life force.
- The Gamemakers take notice of Katniss' remote location and decide to herd her back into the action.
- They choose fireballs and a disintegrating forest to push her right into the welcoming arms of the Career pack, who are traveling with Peeta now.
- Katniss climbs the riverbank and runs.
- She makes it up a tree, which they can't seem to climb as easily.
- Peeta advises the pack to wait her out, and they agree.
- Katniss tries to tend to her wounds from the fireballs, while Haymitch practices some serious salesmanship to get aid from some sponsors.
- Soon, a small package glides to Katniss' tree refuge: medicine procured by Haymitch. What, they couldn't throw a Snickers in there, too?
- Katniss applies the salve and her wounds magically heal. She sleeps through the night.