The Hunger Games Scene 13
Advertisement - Guide continues below
The Rules Change
- Haymitch talks with Seneca Crane, and tries to keep them from simply killing Katniss for her defiance.
- Snow warns Seneca not to let Katniss, and the revolution that seems to be swirling around her, get out of hand.
- A voice booms across the arena, announcing new rules: there can now be two victors, but only if they're from the same District.
- Katniss begins to track Peeta down.
- She finds him seriously injured and hiding near a creek.
- Katniss doesn't let on how bad his wounds are.
- They find a cave where he can rest.
- Another package arrives, but this time with only soup.
- Peeta tells her that his love for her was never fake. Of course, it sure doesn't hurt that everyone's watching this little love scene.
- The voice of doom arrives again: offering them the medicine they desperately need to save Peeta. It's back at the cornucopia.
- Peeta forbids Katniss from going to this obvious trap.
- Katniss shuts his mouth with a kiss, and settles into his arms for a short rest.
- Katniss watches Peeta shiver with fever. When he conks out, she leaves to get that medicine.