The Hunger Games Scene 15
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Peeta and Katniss emerge from hiding to gather food.
- As Katniss takes aim at a bird, a cannon sounds.
- Katniss finds Peeta, who's been unwittingly gathering extremely poisonous berries.
- Foxface has been following and eating the berries: she didn't know that they were deadly.
- Katniss gathers the berries into her pocket hoping that they might come in handy for dispatching Cato.
- A sudden darkness descends: the finale is here.
- Another Tribute falls to the booming voice of the cannon: Thresh.
- Now, it's just our two heroes and Cato left.
- Peeta and Katniss move silently through the forest, but they're jumped by an enormous dog.
- Katniss manages to get Peeta up and running towards the cornucopia to safety.
- Well, not quite safety. Cato's there waiting.
- There's a valiant battle atop the cornucopia that culminates in Cato grabbing Peeta and holding him hostage to keep Katniss from shooting him.
- Katniss shoots a perfectly aimed arrow right through Cato's hand.
- He lets go of Peeta's neck and Peeta throws him to the ravenous pack of animals salivating below.
- Katniss compassionately puts one last arrow right between Cato's eyes to save him from his screams of agony as the dogs rip him limb from limb.
- See why they call this dystopian?