The Hunger Games Scene 16
Advertisement - Guide continues below
One Last Twist
- The sun rises, and the voice appears again: the rules have changed.
- Apparently, there's only one victor now. Sorry, kids; no co-valedictorians.
- Katniss pulls out the poisoned berries. She and Peeta make a suicide pact onscreen for all to see.
- They'll die together and deny the Capitol a victor.
- Just before they eat the berries, the voice stops them: they'll be allowed to share the victory after all.
- Back in the Capitol, Haymitch tells Katniss that she's still in danger: the powers that be don't like being shown up the way she showed them up.
- Seneca's led into a room with a bowl of poison berries and no exit.
- Caesar puts his spin on the drama as he interviews the victors.
- Katniss is coached on the politics of life as a victor, and she and Peeta perform the star-crossed-lovers routine to help calm down the authorities.
- President Snow gives Katniss her victory crown.
- Peeta and Katniss ride the train home, while Snow plots from the shadows.
- Have we been set up for a sequel or what?