Advertisement - Guide continues below
Riding that Train
- Katniss is prodded onto a train with Peeta and Effie, a stupid luxurious train that floats and everything.
- Effie tries to soften the blow of reality with earnest and misguided naiveté before departing to locate Haymitch, their mentor.
- Peeta tries to talk to Katniss, who remains fixated on her vague memories of her previous interactions with him back home.
- In another short flashback, the memory gets fleshed out a bit—he was feeding bread to his pigs.
- Haymitch stumbles in drunk and brings the whole room down then departs, followed by a determined Peeta.
- Katniss watches the television coverage of previous Hunger Games, and digests the gory reality she's facing.
- Back in the dining car, Haymitch and Peeta discuss the games.
- Katniss pushes for more advice, and loses her patience with Haymitch.
- She learns that perhaps her loner, disconnected nature won't do her much good in the games. She's definitely not camera-ready.
- The train arrives in the Capitol, and Peeta's entranced, feeding on the energy of the crowd.