- Pinocchio and Jiminy wash up on shore. Unfortunately, Pinocchio's still rocking the donkey ears and tail.
- They rush to Geppetto's house and ring the doorbell, but there's no answer. Jiminy creeps to the window and sees that the house is empty.
- What a bummer. Just in the nick of time, however, a magical bird swoops down from the heavens and drops a letter. How convenient.
- Jiminy reads it out loud. It says that Geppetto went looking for Pinocchio and was swallowed by a whale named Monstro. He's still alive in the whale's belly, chilling at the bottom of the sea.
- Pinocchio gets up and defiantly says that he's going to save Geppetto. To that end, he runs to a seaside cliff, ties a rock to his tail, and jumps into the water. Jiminy joins him.
- The rock weighs them down and they settle onto the seafloor. After a moment to get their bearings, they head off in search of Monstro.
- As they search, an increasing number of fish begins following them. Pinocchio asks them if they know where Monstro is, but they all run away as soon as they hear the whale's name.