- It's now night. There's a large crowd of people surrounding a man on stage—we can only assume this is the Great Stromboli.
- Jiminy arrives just in time to hear him announce a brand new puppet, one that can dance "without the aid of strings." And its name? Pinocchio.
- The curtain rises and we see Pinocchio standing at the top of stairs with strings attached. He starts singing about having "no strings" when suddenly he trips and falls. Real smooth move, buddy.
- The crowd loves it, though, so Pinocchio continues singing his song and showing off his stringless dancing skills.
- He's joined on stage by a group of dancing lady puppets, which are controlled by the Great Stromboli. Pinocchio seems perplexed by them.
- The crowd loves it, though, and they shower the stage in gold coins.
- Jiminy walks away dejected.