- Off to Sheriff Chambers' house, where they recap the plot for the Sheriff in case you've come in late and don't know what's going on.
- Sam and Lila mention Norman's mother, which confuses the Sheriff and his wife.
- They decide to call Norman and find out what's up.
- On the phone Norman says Arbogast left.
- And then the Sheriff drops the bombshell; Norman's mother has been dead for ten years.
- Mrs. Bates poisoned her boyfriend after finding out he was married, and then killed herself.
- Sam says he saw an old woman in the Bates house.
- So now they're wondering if the mother is actually alive, and if they buried someone else.