You Can't Take It With You Scene 11
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The altercation is in all the newspapers, because in the past people were bored and had nothing to do but read about the personal affairs of munitions manufacturers.
- And in the Sycamore house, everyone is sad. Alice is gone.
- Tony shows up to ask if they know where she is; he's been searching for her without luck.
- But they tell him to cut it out and go away; so off he goes back out into the rain (it always rains when things are sad.)
- They get a very sad letter from Alice, who is lonely but feels like she can't come home.
- Grandpa calls Mr. Blakely and offers to sell the house so they can all go and buy a place out of town with Alice.
- Various businessmen are called and are all happy because now Mr. Kirby's deal has gone through.
- But the people in the neighborhood are getting evicted.
- They thought they were safe if Grandpa didn't sell, but he did sell.
- Grandpa kind of screwed the neighbors over. (And after they bailed him out of jail, too.)