You Can't Take It With You Scene 4
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- We're in Tony's office, where Alice is his secretary. The two flirt and flirt and flirt.
- Tony kisses Alice, and just then Tony's mother walks in. Drama!
- Mrs. Kirby adopts an air of wounded magnificence and gives her son a look of death.
- Alice figures she's in big trouble. Big. Huge. It's a reasonable conclusion.
- We bounce up to Mr. Kirby's office, where his wife is trying to convince him that Alice is a problem.
- It's tricky because Kirby is so busy with his own business dealings he barely listens to her.
- Meanwhile, back downstairs, Alice is ready to leave, but Tony grabs her and convinces her not to cancel on their date.
- Tony is very charming and convincing. That's because he's Jimmy Stewart. No one is more charming and convincing than Jimmy Stewart.
- There's lots more flirting, Then Tony proposes (awww.)
- Alice is uncertain because of Tony's mother's earlier look of death, but Tony assures her his parents are putty in his hands, and that he can convince them.