The Theft of Thor's Hammer Study Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Whom does Thor initially believe has stolen his hammer? Why?
- What does Thor's hammer represent to Thor? To the other gods?
- Why do you think the gods are so horrified by Thrym's demand of Freyja? Why do you think he wants her?
- Why is Thor reluctant to dress up as Freyja? What is Loki's response, and why does it convince Thor?
- What are all the parts of Thor's disguise? What does each part symbolize?
- How does Loki explain Thrym's bride's monstrous appetite and fiery eyes to "her" husband?
- What does Thor's cross-dressing symbolize in this story? Loki's?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...