Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Now that all the holy stuff is out of the way, we can go back to war.
- David leads Israel on a string of victories. The Philistines? Defeated. The Moabites? Pummeled. King Hadadezer of Zobah? Bye-bye.
- Basically, everywhere he goes David is taking land and the spoils of war with God's backing.
- And he continues to rule over all of Israel with justice and goodness. Is there anything this guy can't do? He's the total package.
- His sons, in the meantime, serve him as "chief officials." They're learning the ropes right from dad himself.