Advertisement - Guide continues below
Twelve Times the Fun
- Yup, it's more genealogies. Get used to it.
- The next few chapters go over the families that sprung up from Jacob's sons. All 12 of them—Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Dan, Joseph, Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher
- Buckle up. It's going to be a long genealogy.
- So what's going on in this chapter? Well, we're mostly talking about Jacob's son, Judah. Interested in some highlights? We thought you might be.
- Judah has a son named Perez who eventually goes on to have a great-great-great-great grandson named Boaz. Not only is he righteous, he's the guy who married Ruth in the Book of Ruth.
- Boaz's great-grandson David would become King of the Jewish people.