Advertisement - Guide continues below
Are You the Gatekeeper?
- Another important job in the Temple? Gatekeepers.
- These guys guard the north, south, east, and west entrances to the Temple. Don't let in any impure people or God will be very, very angry.
- Naturally, they also cast lots to see who gets what guard duty.
- David also gets a group of men to be in charge of the Temple treasury. These are the money men. Any time someone gave a gift to the Temple these guys were all over it.
- The king also needs assistants, so David makes sure that some men will be left over to serve as his officers, judges, and councilors.
- That means the Levites had both religious and secular stuff to take care of. The Temple couldn't run smoothly without them.