Advertisement - Guide continues below
Jacob and (Even More) Sons
- Jacob's other sons all lived in the Northern Kingdom of Israel, too.
- There's Issachar. He had sons who were awesome fighters.
- Benjamin was pretty great, too. Lots of sons. Lots of warriors.
- Naphtali? He had a couple kids. No biggie.
- And Manasseh. Sure, half of his tribe joined up with the folks from Reuben and Gad, but the rest of them stayed with the big flock and multiplied.
- Ephraim—he eventually had a pretty important descendant named Joshua who led the Israelites into the Promised Land after Moses died.
- And don't forget, Asher. He was busy having sons and begetting all kinds of great warriors.
- Of course none of these super soldiers helped the people when the Assyrian Empire came knocking and kicked these folks out of their land. They were too powerful.
- The one thing that's weird about this section is that the Chronicler seems to have left out Dan and Zebulon's descendants. So much for his chronicling skills.