Advertisement - Guide continues below
King Uzziah Has Bad Skin
- King Uzziah is next up to bat for Judah.
- He reigns for 52 years and does a whole bunch of awesome stuff. He wins wars, he makes allies, he builds up cities, he develops agricultural systems, and he creates a mighty army.
- But pride comes before a fall. King Uzziah gets so powerful that he starts to get over-confident.
- One day, he decides that he'd like to step into the Temple to make some offerings.
- Only the high priests can make offerings in the Temple and they warn him to get out.
- While Uzziah's reading the riot act to the priests, he breaks out in a huge rash all over his face right there in the Temple.
- After that, he's considered "leprous" so he can't enter the Temple ever again.
- He's so sick that his son Jotham has to take over his kingly duties until he dies.
More on 2 Chronicles