Book of Ezekiel Chapter 35
Advertisement - Guide continues below
A Casual Digression In Which God Promises the Destruction of Edom
- If you thought God was done with excoriating the nations, you were wrong. He can't get enough of it.
- Next, he turns his sights on Edom and Mt. Seir, saying that he's going to make them a desolate waste.
- Basically, this is because they weren't fans of Israel, rooting against them and applauding bloodshed.
- The mountains and valleys will be filled with the dead.
- For coveting Israel and Judah and hating their people, God's going to punish Edom super hard.
- Edom thought it would be able to rush in now that Israel's been devastated, but that won't happen.
- The rest of the world will be rejoicing when Edom is destroyed.