Corinthians 1 Corinthians: Chapter 16
Advertisement - Guide continues below
1 Corinthians: Chapter 16
Time to Tithe
- Now, onto more practical matters…
- Paul asks the Corinthians to take up a collection that he can deliver to the church in Jerusalem. Waiting until the end to ask for money? Smart move.
- He assures them that he's going to visit them soon. Right now, he's pretty caught up in Ephesus. Lots of naysayers hanging around that place.
- He's sending Timothy to them, though, so he's hoping the Corinthians will treat him well.
- Paul also mentions that Apollos will be coming sometime in the future. Whenever he has a free minute to travel across multiple regions.
- He asks them to follow the example of Stephanus and his whole household. They were some of the earlier converts in Corinth, and Paul really digs them.
- Aquila and Prisca send their love, too, along with all the churches in Asia. That's a lot of love.
- Paul closes the whole letter by sending his good wishes and prayers for Jesus to come very, very soon.