Book of Isaiah Chapter 12
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Drop in the Bucket
- Isaiah now sings the hymn that people will sing, in the future, when God has accomplished all of these things.
- The hymn basically says "hey, thanks"—it expresses how, though God was angry before, he won't be angry anymore. Naturally, this makes everyone glad (and relieved).
- The hymn goes on to say that God is the source of strength and salvation.
- Salvation will be like a well that people draw buckets of water from.
- In another short hymn, the singer will say that God has done glorious things, and the whole world will become aware of them, since the Holy One is present in the midst of the people of Israel.