Book of Isaiah Chapter 62
Advertisement - Guide continues below
A New Brand Name
- God will keep working and hustling until Jerusalem's glory shines out brightly, evident to everyone. When this happens, it will be called by a new name.
- The land will be adorned richly with all this goodness and majesty, like a royal crown for God.
- As though it were actually married to God, the land will be known as "My delight is in her" and "Married," instead of "Forsaken." God will be a like a builder marrying his own creation.
- The sentinels God has appointed will keep reminding Jerusalem of its destiny and keep reminding God of the same as well, until it's all fulfilled.
- God promises that he won't give up the wine and the grain of his people to foreigners and enemies. It'll be reserved strictly for his own people.
- He urges them to build up the highway that will lead into his holy city.
- Then, they won't be known as a bunch of forsaken nobodies anymore. They'll be called "The Holy People."