Book of Jeremiah Chapter 47
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- More poetry. God also predicts disaster for the Philistines.
- Water will come out of the north and flood and destroy the land and the cities and people who live in them (meaning the Babylonians will invade like a flood).
- Parents won't be able to save their children.
- Ashkelon, Tyre, Gaza, Sidon, and the remaining Philistines on the coastland will be destroyed with God's help.
- A voice cries out asking God for mercy, but he's on a roll.
- His sword won't go back into its scabbard until it's been satisfied with destruction.