2001: A Space Odyssey Part 2, Chapter 13
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 2, Chapter 13
The Slow Dawn
- Floyd gets on a spacesuit and leaves the Tycho pressure dome to go out and look at the slab.
- Hello, slab. How'd things go for you today?
- Floyd goes out and looks at the slab and thinks, weird slab. He wonders if it's black as a solar collector, but that doesn't make sense because it was buried. Why bury a solar collector?
- That's called foreshadowing, Shmoopers.
- The sun comes up over the lunar horizon, and the slab emits a huge electronic bzzzzzzzzzzt!
- Humankind has lost on Jeopardy!.
- Or that's the fear; the slab has sent out some kind of signal to some kind of super-powered alien folks.
- As you will see, the thought of super-powered alien folks getting messages from earth makes the earthlings nervous.