2001: A Space Odyssey Part 4, Chapter 29
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 4, Chapter 29
- The spaceship looks empty and dead from out there in space; but it isn't, quite.
- This is all information you know already. The novel likes to tell you things several times, once to prepare you and once to impress you.
- Bowman shoots the bodies of the dead crewmembers out into space.
- Then he comes out of the ship in a pod and does something.
- The ship lights come back.
- Bowman projects a message to earth to tell them what happened. Hard to know what they'll tell him in return. He is in deep doo-doo. (That's a technical space term which means, "deep doo-doo".)