A Break With Charity Chapter 17
Advertisement - Guide continues below
When I Hear the Owls Call at Night
- Guess who comes a-knocking at the door that night? Yep, it's Papa E. And everyone is stoked to see him.
- When Mary and Susanna are alone with their dad, they chat about what's to come; Papa English says he's hopeful that everything will work out, so that's cool.
- The next day, Papa E goes into court. The girls stay home, and get worried when their pops is taken away.
- After dinner Joseph gets down to brass tacks: it's time for Mary to run away with her parents to Boston. They're going tonight, and Susanna better hurry up if she wants to say goodbye.
- So Susanna and Mary travel across Salem to the marshes. And oh boy is this place creepy at night.
- When the whole English family is together, they hug and say goodbye. The whole thing is pretty sweet.
- Susanna goes back home with Joseph while the others head to Boston.