A Clash of Kings Chapter 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Arya pretends to be Arry the orphan boy while traveling north with Yoren and his Night's Watch recruits.
- The hardest part of the journey is neither pretending to be a boy nor the company of cutthroats. It is two bullies, Lommy Greenhands and Hot Pie.
- Hot Pie tries to take Needle, Arya's sword gifted to her by Jon—so Arya knocks him off his donkey and throttles him bloody with a stick.
- Yoren breaks up the fight, then taking Arya away from the others, he spanks her with the stick.
- After the beating, he informs Arya that he was paid to take Lord Eddard Stark to the Wall so Ned could take the black.
- Arya rightly assumes Joffrey is to blame for how things turned out and complains someone should kill him.
- Yoren agrees with Arya, but points out it won't be either of them.
- They continue to travel north with Arya dreaming of home and her family.