A Clash of Kings Chapter 30
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Ser Lancel visits Tyrion late at night on Cersei's behalf and demands he release Grand Maester Pycelle.
- Tyrion tells Lancel he knows he killed King Robert and that Cersei has taken him to bed. Apparently, Tyrion can read her poker face.
- Flustered, Lancel argues that he did not kill Robert; he simply gave Robert extra-strong wine—the boar did the actual killing part.
- Tyrion agrees to keep it their little secret as long as Lancel becomes his informant on Cersei's plans. He also releases Pycelle.
- Awake and restless, Tyrion has Pod summon Bronn and the horses.
- They travel to the brothel, and Tyrion uses the secret door to sneak out. He spends the rest of the night with Shae.