A Clash of Kings Chapter 35
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Next stop on Jon's tour beyond the Wall is the Fist of the First Men.
- Mormont orders the rangers to make camp and wait for Qhorin Halfhand to find them.
- Jon serves hot wine while Mormont and his officers plan their strategy. The commander orders them to strengthen the defense of the Fist rather than meet Mance at Frostfangs.
- After the meeting, Jon leaves and calls Ghost to him, but the direwolf leaves.
- Jon follows. Ghost leads him to a hidden cache of obsidian daggers—or dragonglass, as it's called in Westeros.
- In the cache, Jon also finds the cloak of a Night's Watch ranger.