A Clash of Kings Chapter 38
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Theon has Benfred Tallhart drowned at Aeron's behest, thus giving him to the Drowned God. That said, Theon really does it to shut Aeron up more than out of any sense of religious fervor.
- Listening to the sounds of his victory over the fishing village, Theon admits to himself that slaughter is a more apt term.
- In a foul mood, he shoots an ironborn named Todric for getting drunk and fighting over plunder.
- He then visits Dagmer Cleftjaw aboard the longship Foamdrinker.
- Theon tells the old ironborn he has a new plan, one different than his father's.
- Dagmer appeals to Theon to not take his father's coldness to heart and to follow the plan.
- Playing toward Dagmer's desire for glory, Theon convinces him to assault a keep called Torrhen's Square.
- Dagmer points out that his force will never be able to take Torrhen's Square—but Theon says it is not the keep he is interested in.