A Clash of Kings Chapter 47
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Bran has one of his wolf dreams, and Summer can smell danger.
- When the wolf falls trying to climb a tree, Bran wakes up screaming for his furry companion.
- He calls for help, but instead of Osha or Luwin, Theon enters to inform him he has taken Winterfell.
- Theon explains that Bran will make an announcement in the Great Hall telling the people that Winterfell has been yielded.
- Maester Luwin comes to dress Bran, detailing how Theon managed to take the castle; he reminds Bran that a lord's first duty is to protect his people.
- In the Great Hall, Bran yields Winterfell to Theon. Mikken, the blacksmith, refuses to serve and one of the ironborn spears him through the neck.
- Witnessing the violence, Hodor has a freak out moment and is beaten until subdued.
- Reek swears loyalty to Theon if he'll release him, and Osha also bends the knee and swears loyalty.