A Clash of Kings Chapter 52
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Jon, Qhorin, and the others see fire on the side of a mountain, signaling sentries.
- Qhorin sends Jon and Stonesnake to climb the mountain in the dark and to take care of them.
- After some serious cliffhanger shenanigans—minus the guns and music—Jon and Stonesnake discover three wildlings beside the fire.
- They quickly kill two of the sentries, and Jon turns to dispatch the third when he discovers it's a woman.
- Rather than kill her, Jon has her yield and takes her prisoner.
- Stonesnake signals the other rangers to climb, and Jon questions the wildling, named Ygritte.
- Ygritte tells the story of Bael the Bard, which suggests that the Starks have wildling blood in them.
- Qhorin and the rest arrive at dawn. Halfhand orders Jon to kill Ygritte and has the men leave him to the task.
- Ever the chivalrous type, Jon lets her escape.